Wednesday 15 June 2011

Beginners Luck

Right off the bat, this is literally the first blog entry I have ever done...ever, and I think I've already screwed something up. Uber easy creating the account but I thought I had customized it to suit me, but now it's not displaying the changes.  Whatever, I'll fix it later.
So here's the deal: I just got back from working and traveling in New Zealand for 14 months (the Visa was only for a year but I just didn't want to come back to Toronto in the dead of winter, so stayed illegally in NZ for 2 extra months.  I'm a bad-ass) and am currently a loser and staying with the 'rents until I find a job which equals money, which will then equal freedom aka my own apartment in the T-Dot.  I started this blog because 1. I really have nothing else to do in the evenings with my friends living in Toronto, and myself being in Pickering and 2. I actually love the idea of writing...I've just never played around with it.  I figured now is as good a time as any!
I don't have one specific thing to write about - I don't know if that's necessarily a bad thing.  I always have so many thoughts floating through my brain so I figure I'll spill it all on the blog and hopefully people like it.  I don't expect many people to read this, but that just sounds negative.
The first thing I'll discuss with potential readers is this: how annoying is it when people don't know how to differentiate between "your" and "you're", "their", "there" and "they're" and of course "too", "to" and "two"?  I feel like most people are being lazy and just not thinking as they type, or worse, not editing what they wrote.  I come from a family of brothers and sisters who will make fun of you over the smallest mistake, so over the years I guess I've become a little paranoid about sounding/looking dumb.  I will admit to being a grammar snob but by no means am any expert.  I just think people should care more about how they come across to others through written words.
I guess that's it for this entry.  I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it!  Feel free to leave a comment.  I have a feeling I'm really going to get into this crazy thing called "blogging".

Victoria.

No comments:

Post a Comment